2 weeks ago
Founded in 2012 and based in San Francisco, Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to help us continue to refine Origin into a highly intuitive and productive tool whilst helping us uncover new opportunities in human involved robotics and digital fabrication.
About the Role:
As a UI/UX designer, you will work cross-functionally with Product Management and Engineering to solve complex and nuanced problems with simple solutions. We want you to help us build Origin into a highly capable handheld tool without conflating the word “capable” with “complex”. You’ll help us concept and build new features for Origin which introduce new functionality to the tool and address customer needs in a wide range of woodworking disciplines. You'll also help us explore design and fabrication beyond Origin and have your say in the future of digitally augmented power tools.
Where You’ll Work:
You’ll join our team in our new workspace in San Francisco's SoMa district. You’ll have access to our 5000 square foot workshop which is fully kitted out with all the woodworking machinery you could ever wish for (including Origin).
We're Looking For:
- A stunning portfolio which demonstrates your ability to solve complex problems with simple, intuitive solutions
- 4+ years of UI/UX design experience
- Experience working on a hardware product with embedded software
- Experience with real-time and/or motion graphics workflows and Haptic experience design
- The ability to create and design user interfaces, wireframes, user experience flows, and low-fi / high-fi prototypes.
- A passion for iteration and ideation! You are eager to put pen to paper and sketch / wireframe a wide variety of early concepts
- Excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to both stakeholders and team members
- Experience working closely with engineers throughout to ensure accurate, high quality feature implementation
- A passion for user research. You constantly inform your design decisions with real user insights
- A passion for developing and maintaining design systems
- High levels of proficiency in Figma and interactive prototyping tools like Framer and/or Principle
Projects The Team Has Worked On: