Product Manager - ShaperHub
2 weeks ago
Founded in 2012 and based in San Francisco, Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. ShaperHub was launched alongside Origin as a content sharing platform and core infrastructure to allow data transfer between cloud and tool (and vice versa). We’re looking for a talented Product Manager to help us grow ShaperHub and make it more powerful for the craftspeople who rely on it to succeed with Origin.
About the Role:
As a Product Manager on ShaperHub, you will work cross-functionally with Design and Engineering to plan the product roadmap and help the team work towards it with realistic and achievable goals. You’ll work closely with the Head of Product to clearly communicate product vision and strategy to the team.
Where you’ll work:
You’ll join our team in our new workspace in San Francisco's SoMa district. You’ll have access to our 5000 square foot workshop which is fully kitted out with all the woodworking machinery you could ever wish for (including Origin).
What We're Looking For:
- Experience working as a Product Manager on a consumer facing platform or marketplace for 2+ years.
- A solid understanding of web development technologies and engineering best practices.
- Experience defining product requirements, and seeing design/engineering development through to completion.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- The ability to read and interpret data accurately and use it to inform decision making and prioritization.
- The ability to negotiate with the team and make smart compromises in order to push a feature through.
- A passion for content curation, an eye for good design, and the ability to architect excellent user experiences.
- Experience conducting user research with customers in order to understand their needs and motivations.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable acting as the spokesperson for the product.
- A passion for augmented reality products and experiences.
Projects The Team Has Worked On: