Remote / Toronto, Canada
2 weeks ago
Frontier is looking for a Junior Designer to join our team. The projected start date is November 23, and this is a two month, full-time, contract position.
Frontier is a design office. We’re built to deliver an idea: Purpose-Driven Performance.
We collaborate with organizations using a process called Purpose Design to help define their core purpose and long-term ambition, then build all the communications tools they need to express that internally and externally.
We create media to help ourselves and others discover the leaders of Purpose-Driven Performance who are making the world a better, more inspiring place.
We design high-performance products built on socially and environmentally responsible foundations. By designing, manufacturing, and selling our own products, we understand all the parts of a business in a way that many other design and advertising agencies cannot.
We believe this combination of collaboration, content, and product development helps us create better companies, stories, and products because we understand how businesses work from idea to execution.
Our Ideal Candidate
Has experience, solo or as part of a team, supporting on idea-driven visual identities and websites for clients, from concept to completion.
- This individual will participate in the day-to-day development and creation of brand projects and all related design material, from client presentations to final art.
- They will work alongside other members of the design team — participating in group design critiques and conversation, providing and taking constructive feedback; and independently — supporting with the development of specific design concepts or project tasks with guidance from senior design staff.
- They should be enthusiastic, well-organized, and a self-motivated individual with the ability to rationalize and clearly communicate ideas within a design context.
- They require a sound knowledge of typography, a strong aesthetic sense, and the ability to translate ideas to thoughtful design approaches.
- They should have at least 1-2 years of relevant design industry experience. A degree in graphic design, fine arts, communication design, architecture (or a related field) is not required, but preferred.
Currently our team is working remotely due to pandemic, and while flexible, we work to Eastern Standard Time (EST) hours. Our home is Toronto, but we are open to applicants across North America.
Applications close: November 13, 2020
Please send your portfolio to both Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tristan (email@example.com) with “Junior Designer Job Application” in the subject line. Selected applicants will be asked to join a video/phone interview with Jessica and Tristan. While not all applicants will be selected to go through the interview process, we will respond to all applicants who apply.
Accommodations and Accessibility: Frontier provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this in your introductory email and we will work to meet your accessibility needs.
Doing Better: At Frontier, we believe strongly in building a working environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Beyond our hiring policies, we commit to using all facets of our work to support the movements for equity and justice for all people. You can read more about our commitments here: https://frontier.is/newsletters/doing-better-at-frontier/