Game Designer (Combat) - Treyarch
Playa Vista, CA
3 weeks ago
Treyarch is looking for a talented Game Designer to join our Combat team! You'll work with a diverse team of developers to brainstorm, innovate, design, and iterate meaningful Multiplayer experiences to our players.
What you'll do...
- Design Multiplayer PvP combat content, mechanics and systems.
- Own your content through production and post-ship environments
- Craft detailed easy-to-read design documentation that communicates designs and covers all use cases
- Collaborate with teams across the studio to prototype, implement, tune, and iterate your designs
- Gain new skills and knowledge as you collaborate with industry veterans across teams to build engaging and fun Multiplayer content, features, and systems
- Give and receive constructive feedback and participate in design discussions and playtests
- Contribute to the overall success of the team through the development of documentation, standard methodologies, and design techniques.
To succeed you should have...
- Prior professional experience in a Game Design role
- Good understanding of competitive Multiplayer gameplay.
- Creativity and passion for game design and problem solving
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to thrive on teams of all sizes
- Able to work autonomously, be self-motivated, and not afraid to ask questions
We'd love it if you also had...
- Understanding of Call of Duty, shooters, or multiplayer industry trends.
- Experience in a detail-oriented design role.
- Past work with analytics.
- Familiarity with game development tools and bug tracking software.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits