Experience Designer (Contractor)
4 weeks ago
Are you enthusiastic about the future of creativity and filmmaking? Adobe has a long history of redefining creative workflows and is the leading creator of professional video, audio, motion graphics, and collaboration software. The Adobe Digital Video & Audio team is looking for a Experience Designer to help rethink online editing and collaboration!
What you’ll be working on
You will help develop experiences to support a new canvas for creativity. You will be developing experiences from the ground up as we expand our ecosystem to the web for creative professionals across the globe. You’ll be building tools to support some of the world’s best filmmakers, editors, directors, and producers make their best work.
Your ability to navigate ambiguity and to lead early strategy through concrete execution is key. You’ll convey design vision and strategy through compelling stories — via sketches, storyboards, hi-fidelity mockups, and/or prototypes — and lead, coach, and collaborate with other designers on the team as they work with you to deliver on this vision. We’re building and launching the next generation of professional creative software, and we need extraordinary talent to craft it. If this excites you, we’re excited to chat!
As members of Adobe Design, we:
- Have meaningful ownership. We make important decisions about the way Adobe’s products look, feel, and behave.
- Understand and advocate the for the customer. We work with researchers to conduct studies, from customer discovery to usability testing.
- Grow and sharpen our skills. We present work to a broad cross-section of partners within the company. We use the latest design and prototyping tools. We are always improving our own design process.
- Collaborate. We are a cross-functional team that understands the value of design and needs strong design leaders to drive great design deeper into the culture of the organization
- Bring design to life. We value a wide range of prototyping methods as a way to quickly evaluate and iterate on designs.
- Ship. We see our designs built and placed in the hands of millions of creative customers.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 3+ years of experience and/or training in design or a related field
- Passion for art, creativity, and empowering people to create
- Ability to tackle ambiguity and uncertainty
- Deep empathy for, and curiosity around the work of, creative professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication and storytelling skills
- Good sense of design process, and ability to work quickly and nimbly
- A highly collaborative nature and proven ability to lead design strategy and execution
- A thorough understanding of design considerations for web applications
- Prior experience crafting products for designers, artists, and other creatives
- Prior experience crafting design strategy for platform experiences and design systems
- Deep knowledge around and passion for accessible and inclusive design
- Experience designing for machine learning based products
- Experience launching complex, yet intuitive products
- Excellent design craft and the ability to blend that with strong business sense
- First-hand experience in a creative field other than software design (illustration, video editing, 3D-rendering, visual effects, publishing, etc.)
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d especially like to see examples of cross-product systems-thinking and a strong narrative about how your work has evolved over time. This six-month contract role will be remote. We are seeking a candidate located in California, Washington, or New York, but may be open to other North America office locations.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, cultural background or religious beliefs. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. This is what it means to be Adobe For All.