2 weeks ago
What is Runway?
The way we look at financials today hasn't changed in over half a millennium. It doesn't just predate computing, it actually predates the popularization of negative numbers.
It's time for a rethink.
We're building a consumer-grade social product that reinvents how business financials are presented through modern design and engineering. By bringing clarity, power, and speed to financial data, we help every team become more aligned on the entire business so they can collaborate to make better decisions, faster.
We're supported by a select group of investors that we admire, including Soleio Cuervo (Combine), Andreessen Horowitz, Elad Gil, Naval, Dylan Field (CEO of Figma) and Henry Ward (CEO of Carta).
What's it like to work at Runway?
We're remote first, so you can work from anywhere in the world. We maintain core working hours of 11AM to 4PM PT, when we're all online and available at the same time. We strive to be clear in our communication and over-communicate by default.
We're early, so you'll have an opportunity to shape not just our product, but the company itself: who we work with, and how we work together.
🚀 Accelerate (Moving Fast, Continuously Improving, Going the Distance)
🪄 Create Magic (Build Magical Experiences, Craft Magical Stories, Begin with the Ending)
⚔️ Invent Together (Active Listening, Invent New Solutions, Disagree and Commit)
🤝🏾 Trust by Default (Assume Good Intent, Trust Proactively, Being Trustworthy)
🙇 High Standards, Low Egos (Unreasonably High Standards, Humility and Self Awareness, Putting the Team First)
What will you be doing?
We're looking for a seasoned product design generalist. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- The Design of Runway: You'll define and design our core product - from research to strategy to interactions to pixels. As a member of our small design team, you will have outsized ownership and impact on our product direction and will be putting in the foundations of our design systems in place, so our customers have an elegant, consistent experience.
- Build the Company: As one of the first few employees, we rely upon our early team members to help us build the company. Sharing your work, communicating your process, and building our design recruiting brand will be part of your responsibilities so that we can attract more talented people to our company as we scale.
Who are we looking for?
We’re building an amazing team with smart, high-performing people who have:
- strong product design skill, with impeccable taste (fluency and skill in UI, UX, visuals, and research, with the highest standards for quality)
- a learning mindset, with curiosity about our product, customers, and ways of working
- humility, low ego, and clarity when sharing ideas, giving and receiving feedback, and making decisions
- optimistic pragmatism by delivering great work that’s not compromised by the realities of a small team iterating on a big problem with little time
- ability to manage complexity and ambiguity, balancing ease-of-use and power in the product, and scope of a project
- proactive team leadership and partnership with their engineering and design colleagues
Please check out our detailed Working at Runway page HERE