Associate Systems Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch
Playa Vista, CA
3 weeks ago
As an Associate Systems Designer (Zombies) at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring PvE Zombies progression, reward, social, and competitive systems to reality. Working with other designers and the development team, you’ll create design documentation and assist development and execution of global systems features.
Global Systems is responsible for the design and creation of game-wide systems that provide long-term fun and engagement in our games. Most of the systems this team delivers are intertwined across the entire game and support a mix of PVP and PVE experiences that cater to a variety of casual, enthusiast, and competitive audiences. This role will focus specifically on the Zombies components of these Global Systems.
What you’ll do…
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to implement, iterate, and execute Global Systems features in Zombies PvE modes and experiences.
- Create and maintain written and visual design documentation.
- Implement assets and data required to support features and systems.
- Playtest regularly and provide feedback on global systems features and other components of our games.
- Collect feedback from team leads and peers.
To succeed you should have…
- Self-motivated work ethic with a desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design work.
- Attention to detail and a thoughtful approach to solving design problems.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel or willingness to adopt and learn these programs for design documentation.
You’re a great fit if your philosophy is to be…
- Positive, supportive, and collaborative approach to working with team members.
- Understanding and considerate of diverse perspectives and experiences.
What you'll learn in this role…
- Design processes and development tools used across the Call of Duty franchise.
- Experience designing, communicating, developing, and executing a variety of game systems with support and feedback through each step of the process.
- The opportunity to develop interpersonal team skills while collaborating with a variety of different feature teams and development disciplines.
- How to use data analysis to help inform design decisions and system balancing.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits