2 weeks ago
Frontier is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team.
Projected Start Date: March 15-22, 2021
Applications Close: March 2, 2021
Reporting: This role reports to Hannah Vance, Senior Business Lead
Frontier is a design office. We’re built to deliver an idea: Purpose-Driven Performance.
Using a process called Purpose Design, we collaborate with organizations to help define their core purpose and long-term ambitions, then build all the communications tools they need to express that internally and externally. That could be a logo or a website, a product or an environment.
We create media to help ourselves and others discover the leaders of Purpose-Driven Performance who are making the world a better, more inspiring place.
We design high-performance products built on socially and environmentally responsible foundations. By designing, manufacturing, and selling our own products, we understand all the parts of a business in a way that many other design and advertising agencies cannot.
We believe this combination of collaboration, content, and product development helps us create better companies, stories, and products because we understand how businesses work from idea to execution.
This is made possible by our people. At Frontier, we believe in our people. That’s why we invest in them. Frontier is a place where you can belong. We provide ongoing mentorship, we have a feedback-first culture, we prioritize professional growth, and we provide parental leave support top-up of eight months to all team members.
We’re looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team to support a variety of projects for both our awesome clients and the studio itself.
You’ll support our Senior Business Lead in setting up projects, creating budgets, managing resources, and updating project timelines. You’ll also work closely with our design team to execute our work by scheduling meetings, attending work reviews, liaising with clients, gathering assets, and providing regular updates. When you’re not making projects happen with our team you’ll help with important administrative tasks.
Our team is small, so you’ll work closely with everyone. The good thing is, our people are caring, dedicated, smart, and fun!
This is a new role in our studio, so you’ll play an active part in supporting the Senior Business Lead to determine career progression and success at Frontier.
- Provide support to the design team by coordinating critical assets and resources
- Identify and obtain missing information and assets pertaining to creative requests
- Create work-back schedules and ensure tasks and projects are complete on time
- Provide regular project-status updates to team
- Liaise with clients, providing them with regular updates, capturing their feedback, and sharing next steps
- Schedule internal and external meetings, sending calendar invites with agendas
- Support Sr. Business Lead on new-business tasks such as estimating and resource planning
- Support on administrative tasks such as placing supply orders for the studio, ordering lunch for our team, couriering packages, etc.
- Experience managing small projects and/or supporting on large brand projects
- Excellent written and communication skills, as you will correspond directly with our clients
- Ability to balance many small tasks at once
- Enthusiastic, well-organized, and self-motivated
- Comfortable using tools such as Keynote, Google Sheets and Docs, Slack, and Airtable
- Ability to document, organize, and follow up on important actions and decisions from stakeholder meetings
- Work with Sr. Business Lead to assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Ability to coordinate meetings and distribute meeting notes to all relevant team members
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, and work hours and in supporting with budgets and expenditures
- An interest in art and design and a familiarity with creative projects that require quick thinking and versatile approaches
- Bonus: experience managing website projects
Our Location: Currently our team is working remotely due to Covid-19. We anticipate being back in our Toronto office in the fall of 2021. This is dependent on Canada’s health guidance.
Compensation: $48,000–55,000 CAD
- The fulfillment of working with a team that cares about doing better and pushing the status quo with regard to both creative processes and how work is done
- Competitive health benefits, including dental and drug coverage
- A parent-friendly workplace with flexible hours and an 80% top up plan for eight months of parental leave
- An environment that fosters continuous learning and drives a feedback-first culture
Reporting: This role reports to Hannah Vance, Senior Business Lead.
Applications close: March 2, 2021
Here’s how to apply:
Please send your résumé and a cover letter to Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Project Coordinator Job Application” in the subject line. Please also indicate where you saw this job posting.
Selected applicants will be asked to join the following video/phone interviews:
Interview #1: with Hannah, Senior Business Lead This interview is to get to know each other, discuss the role, our company, and your experiences and goals.
Interview #2: with Jessica and Tristan, Senior Design Leads This interview is an opportunity to get to know a few members of our design team.
Offer stage: If there’s an alignment, we’ll move into an offer stage and we will call our successful candidate to share the news!
Accommodations and Accessibility: Frontier provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this in your introductory email and we will work to meet your accessibility needs.
Doing Better: At Frontier, we believe strongly in building a working environment in which everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender- and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
Beyond our hiring policies, we commit to using all facets of our work to support the movements for equity and justice for all people. You can read more about our commitments here: https://frontier.is/newsletters/doing-better-at-frontier/