3 weeks ago
We are ThinkShout, a Portland-grown, certified B Corp dedicated to delivering exceptional web development, design, user experience, and strategy to the nonprofits and forward-thinking organizations that inspire us.
We're looking for a Senior Designer to join our small, growing creative team in a time of critical growth. We're also looking for a Director of Design, so please note a need for flexibility and a level of self-direction during this time. Your creative work and approach must be demonstrably rooted in anti-racist practices, and your experience, either lived or professional or both, should show a strong commitment to justice of all kinds.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-7 years of relevant industry experience
- A dedication to accessible, inclusive design practices
- Excellent typographic skills
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams of strategists, developers, and other designers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of industry trends and tools
- The dedication and self-management skills required to work on a small, growing design team during a time of growth. Please note we are also looking for a Director of Design.
Bonus Points For:
- Brand design experience
- Motion, video, interactive storytelling examples
- Experience managing and mentoring fellow designers
- Front-end development experience
- Proposal and budget crafting skills
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Full Service Offerings: You’ll build and maintain creative offerings for ThinkShout’s client work which could include any design deliverable within a client’s ecosystem, eg, expand an existing brand, create wireframes, develop creative direction, expand social assets, and even ranging into print.
- Innovation: You’ll pinpoint, ideate, and bring innovative design solutions to the table whenever possible.
We welcome applications from candidates across the country. We work hard to maintain 40hr work weeks, and we support flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $80-100k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review process.
ThinkShout is made up of people with a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We recognize that our company isn’t as diverse as it should be and we’re trying to change that. If you aren’t sure whether you qualify, please apply anyway. We would much prefer to have an extra application to consider than for you to screen yourself out. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better (email@example.com with subject line “Senior Designer- Accommodations”). We're happy to accommodate.
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions will help us learn more about you and is an integral component of the interview process.
If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 55-minute panel interview
- Round 3 is a 45-minute finalist interview
We are looking to fill this position for a November start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.