Senior Product Designer, Growth
Remote / San Diego, CA / Ventura, CA
2 weeks ago
FieldLevel needs a senior-level product designer who has a track record of creating experiences that lead to user growth and activation. The right designer for this position is focused on usability and brings a user-centered approach to problem-solving.
FieldLevel is a network where athletes and coaches connect to find opportunities, the most valuable thing we can bring our members is more members. Over the next year, we intend to tackle some significant problems related to the top of the funnel and early experience. Some of the problems you will be working on include:
- Members often don’t know how (or even why it would benefit them) to invite the coaches and athletes in their life to join them on FieldLevel.
- Too many of our members don’t get to an “aha” during their first mile and miss out on all the great value and connections that a bought-in member might get.
- It’s hard to know what is going on inside FieldLevel because of how much content is behind a login. We want to make it easier for prospective members to get value and understand why they should join.
Your team's solutions to these problems will unlock growth and set members up for successful outcomes. At FieldLevel success means a high school athlete gets to play in college and a college gets an athlete that has the potential to propel them to a championship. It may come off a little corny but that puts us squarely in the dreams business.
As a product designer at FieldLevel, you will be reporting to Jake Schirm, VP of Product Design. Jake is responsible for the product's usability and brings over 20 years of design experience to the team.
At FieldLevel we value design, and design thinking is central to how we approach problem-solving. Our process encourages teams to discover and deliver. Our team members are growth-minded, good at what they do, and kind to one another. We believe that learning, impacting, and being continually challenged are the keys to career happiness.
As the fourth member of the design team, you will have the opportunity to impact how we do design at FieldLevel. You bring experience in design thinking, design systems, critique, and facilitation. We want to add that wisdom to the Playbook. Playbook is FieldLevel’s product language. A shared vocabulary and system for a design that enables developers and designers to build better faster.
In addition to your role on the design team, you are part of a dedicated, empowered product team. With a product manager, frontend engineer, backend engineer, and data analyst. Product teams at FieldLevel work in cycles to deliver on important objectives. Your primary role on this team is to ensure the usability of the delivered solution.
What Work-life Balance Means to FieldLevel
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 paid holidays and the days between Christmas and New Years
- 1 week of sick leave each year
- Multiple team-building off-sites per year
- Attend conferences and trainings of your choosing
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully paid medical (HMO, PPO, Kaiser options) and dental for you, your partner, and your children
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- 401K with matching
- Stock options
Grow with FieldLevel
We are a 25 person, growth stage company funded by some of the biggest names in sports. We have an ambitious vision and are working to create an enduring company.
We have offices in Solana Beach and Ventura, CA that offer the Pacific Ocean's expansive views. If California isn't your home, we still want to hear from you. We’ve been a distributed team since 2008 (some of us in our corporate offices and some in-home offices) and plan on staying that way. If you enjoy working remotely, work on a Pacific Time schedule, and are experienced with it, you will fit right in.