Lead UI Artist - Treyarch
Playa Vista, CA
3 weeks ago
As a Lead UI Artist at Treyarch, you will be leading and inspiring a team of passionate UI Artists to build innovative experiences for our players. You will oversee all aspects of UI Art from concept to final product, and your deep understanding of user interface, visual design, and technical implementation will enable effortless collaboration across multiple teams to achieve success.
Throughout production, you'll coordinate with your artists to handle their workload and schedules. Your strong mentorship skills will motivate your team members to reach their potential and inspire them to do phenomenal work.
What you'll do...
- Create project style-guides, concepts, and assets to support development.
- Provide feedback and direction to team members establishing consistency throughout the UI.
- Work with partners to ensure visual direction complements artistic vision for each project.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including art, design, engineering, audio, and production.
- Ensure UI implementation meets or exceeds visual guidelines.
- Build and foster team growth through mentorship and recruitment.
- Act as the primary stakeholder for UI tools, pipeline, and workflow development.
To succeed you should have…
- 5+ years' experience as a UI Artist for PC, console or mobile games, as well as having shipped at least one title.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with visual design, motion design, typography, and iconography.
- Fosters creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma or other industry standard design tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and mentoring capabilities.
- Expert understanding of user experience principles.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, strategic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage large, complex workloads.
- Passion for Games.
- College degree in Media/Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Illustration or Industrial Design.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience designing with accessibility in mind.
- Technical proficiency in scripting, shaders or implementation.
- Motion graphics experience.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits